October 16, 2011


One of my friends sent me this gun for "Repairs". It wouldn't shoot his streamlines. I took one look at the barrel and I knew that this gun was so old, and the barrel so big: It must have been designed to shoot megas.

I opened the gun and, upon further examination, found that the gun didn't use an o-ring, it had some kind of rubber cone. I wrapped that with electrical tape for a better seal. Then I added a Nite Finder spring. Last, I replaced the barrel with about 3 inches of 1/2'' CPVC.

The gun works great, it gets at least 65' with streamlines, and around 80' with darts I designed specifically for this gun. It's RoF is slow, but the guy I did this mod for recently purchased a blowgun and an altered RSCB. If I get another part for him, the RSCB will connect to the gun nicely, thus raising the RoF.

RATINGS (scale of 1 to 5)
Range: 4
RoF (without RSCB): 2
With RSCB: 4
Accuracy: 4
Overall: 4

P.S. I just added more pictures and more mods to the NiteFinder guide.

UPDATE: Today, the kid gave me the top part, it shot arrows, i will rebarrel it, add a recon spring and redo the air seal. I might also add a handle, so it can be used separately.

No comments :

Post a Comment