August 5, 2012

Minimized Vulcan

Vulcans are bulky, heavy, and hard to wield in CQB. This mod, inspired by Darth Rambo, aims to change that. This is more of a demo than a write-up, it was kinda complicated. More after the split.

Recons suck. The only thing they're good for in my opinion is parts. I used the handle from one on this, the colors matched pretty well. I replaced the D batteries with a tray of 6 AA's and there's also a rechargeable 4.7v battery for a total of 13.7v. This gun empties a full chain in about 5 seconds. It's fast.


 I used the original front barrel parts, but I cut it down. I also made the chain into a belt so that it is more compact.



 Recon grip, it's pretty sturdy.













 I replaced the lock on the door above the chain with magnets so you can open it whenever you want.

Overall, this blaster is tons of fun. The only drawback? Crappy ranges. It only goes 20' flat. Since it's full auto though, you can angle it and still be accurate. I''ll probably sell this soon, any offers? Email me at IceCubed@arcticnerf.com or comment on this post if you're interested.

2 comments :

  1. That's a pretty nice mod. Glad to see you're back in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, good idea to use the magnets!

    ReplyDelete